A new era for partnership-based decision-making for Hamilton has started as five new Maaori appointees to committees of Council attend their first meetings. The new appointees have the title of Maangai Maaori which means ‘The voice of Maaori’.
Yesterday Maori Television attended one of the meetings and interviewed some of our new appointees.
The newly appointed Maangai Maaori are:
- Norm Hill (representing Iwi) – Growth and Infrastructure Committee;
- Bella Takiari-Brame (representing Iwi) – Finance Committee;
- Te Pora Thompson-Evans (representing Iwi) – Community, Services and Environment Committee;
- Olly Te Ua (representing Maatawaka) – Community, Services and Environment Committee; and
- James Whetu (representing Iwi) – Regulatory and Hearings Committee.